Wholesale & Distribution
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Wholesale & Distribution features and functions help companies engaged in Wholesale & Distribution activities to address the following key business requirements in managing business margins and profitability:
- Setting and tracking customer credit limits and outstanding balance.
- Maintain a separate credit limit for each customer outlet and branch.
- Defining prices of products by specific customer, customer group, item group, cost-plus pricing, time period for time-based promotions etc.
- Permission and Authorization-based discounts and pricing exceptions.
- Tracking customer sales and invoicing historical transactions.
- Ability to create marketing campaigns for different customer groups.
- Facility to track leads and opportunities and maintaining a communication log / history for these.
- Profiling of prospects and customers based on dimension such as sales turnover, business group, number of employees etc.
- System to generate Sales Quotation, Sales Order, Delivery Order, Sales Invoice / Proforma Invoice, Credit Note, Debit Note etc.
- Ability to maintain and track multiple versions of sales quotation based on pricing or other revisions.
- Multiple delivery / shipment addresses for each customer.
- One-click check on profit and margin statistics for each sales invoice.
- Facility to generate multiple invoices for single sales order.
- Empower the outdoor / field salesforce with the use of a mobile tablet device to perform sales order taking, checking of item availability, product pictures / pricing, checking customer’s outstanding invoices and payment collection etc.
- Warehouse management based on multiple warehouses, locations, shelves and shelves.
- Inventory and procurement planning capabilities based on various parameters e.g. minimum stock level, supplier / manufacturing lead time etc. System has ability to generate an automated Suggested Procurement Plan.
- Real-time inventory status update.
- Automatically calculate item costing to include additional charges e.g. freight cost, insurance and handling charges.
- Tracking of vendor pricing for the same item over time.
- Planning of deliveries by area by pre-assigned vehicles.
- System to allow for planning of customer delivery routings based on the postal code.
- Complete set of standard sales analysis and reports.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Project Management features and functions help Project-based companies to address the following key business requirements in managing project and jobs:
- Utilizes the detailed estimation, planning, scheduling and costing for complete control and analysis of any project.
- Ability to calculate and manage Work-In-Progress (WIP) based on percentage of completion or other WIP calculation methods.
- Managing variation orders for open projects.
- Enables Work Breakdown Structure at line task level for material and human resource with timeline assignment.
- Ability to track project variances from project budget.
- Ability to copy job templates of already completed jobs for new jobs.
- Facility to generate project schedule and project Gantt Chart.
- System to enable users to access remotely using the web browser / client.
- Ability to generate progressive billing / invoicing based on percentage of completion or key milestone completion.
- Facility to track retention amount.
- System to link procurement of materials based on project and job requirements for effective job costing.
- Subcontracting function to enable efficient management of subcontractors in terms of job assignment and material issue.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Service Management features and functions help Service-based companies to address the following key business requirements in their daily operations:
- Register and track serviced equipment, including site locations, components, loaned equipment, and repair or replacement history; use this information to speed troubleshooting and provide guidelines/procedures for solving future issues.
- Track open service orders and contract commitments, as well as skills and availability of personnel, then assign orders to efficiently utilize available resources.
- Facility to monitor and track after-sales service / maintenance contracts.
- Automatically generate service invoices.
- Tracking and management of service schedules based on availability of service personnel.
- Facility to manage different periods for warranty.
- Managing and tracking fault codes for after-sales service management for analysis and building a service knowledge base.
- Ability to attach copies of service contracts and RFQs for tracking and viewing.
- Creation of workflow process and control for service engineers to ensure full completion of job / task at each step before moving on to the next.
- Create a service and issue resolution knowledge base.
- Tracking serial number of products and parts for item traceability and warranty verification.
- Monitor Service Management performance, especially service profitability, with KPIs, standard reports, and ad hoc reports.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Manufacturing features and functions help Manufacturing companies to address the following key business requirements:
- Integrate different types and variations of BOMs.
- Support time-to-market and time-to-volume objectives.
- Create, track, and process multiple versions of BOMs and routings.
- Improve coordination of made-to-order requests.
- Simplify make-or-buy decisions.
- Modify components and operations as needed, even on released production orders.
- Plan product family orders that share the same routing to create efficient build schedules.
- Access an overview of production schedules displayed in Gantt charts.
- Use drag-and-drop functionality to reschedule operations.
- Promise orders more accurately with available-to-promise (ATP) and capable-to-promise (CTP) insight.
- Quickly make exceptions and last-minute changes to meet customer needs.
- Plan from the sales order, production order, or purchase requisition, or use traditional master production schedule (MPS) or material requirements planning (MRP) methods
- Facilitate materials flow through the supply chain with multi-location planning capabilities
- Update and change all materials, costs, and operations simultaneously.
- Analyze sales patterns from multiple perspectives.
- Compare forecasted demand with actual sales.
- Consolidate and distribute demand plans with multiple stakeholders for collaborative planning.
- Implement realistic plans according to all incoming resource capacity demands.
- Redefine order modifiers and reorder policies as needed.
- Accommodate changing shop floor workloads.
- Simplify planning with calendars and machine center allocation tools.
- Integrate manufacturing and warehousing functionality.
- Manage and track manufacturing costing.
- Understand item costs throughout the production process, including inventory, WIP, and cost of goods sold. (COGS
- Effectively utilize your automated data collection system. (ADCS)